Patron of the Museum

 The Honourable Judith Guichon, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia accepted our request in 2014 and is now Patron of the Museum. Her predecessor, The Honourable Steven Point, was also Patron of the Museum.
The post of Lieutenant Governor was established by the British North America Act in March 1867. This Act united the provinces under a central government, with each province retaining its own legislature to preside over matters not under federal jurisdiction. In British Columbia, the Office of Lieutenant Governor came into existence when the Crown Colony joined the Dominion of Canada in 1871. Under section 9 of the Constitution Act 1867, Her Majesty is the Canadian Head of State and thus, The Queen of Canada.
The Lieutenant Governor is appointed by the Governor General acting by and with the advice of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada. Lieutenant Governors are normally appointed for a period of not less than five years.
 The Honourable Judith Guichon was sworn-in as the 29th Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia on November 2, 2012. Prior to this appointment she owned and operated Gerard Guichon Ranch Limited in the Nicola Valley in the British Columbia Interior. The Guichon family has ranched in the area since 1878 and Her Honour's father-in-law was awarded the Order of Canada in 1974 for his leadership in Cattleman's Associations and his contribution to agriculture in Canada. Two of her four children now manage the ranch with a 700 head cow calf and 700 yearling operation.
Her Honour attended the Museum's 2015 Member's Day at Langley Regional Airport and the Museum Gala in March 2017. She is a keen supporter of aviation.
 
Her Honour at the 2017 Gala with Jasper.